Sunday, May 15, 2011

Final Proposal

1. For my final project I’d like to photograph ordinary objects and apply a tilt shift effect to them to give it an extra dimension and question the whereabouts and the size of the objects I’m photographing.
2. I think this fits into the course pretty well considering it is based off a chapter from the Cotton book, and I’ll be using color and going though all of the steps we’ve gone over in class plus adding my own.  The idea of photographing ordinary objects is something I’m interested in as an artist.
3. I plan to walk around Eugene and look for things that catch my eye in a way that is very ordinary; once I get my photos I’ll edit them and bring them into Photoshop where I will apply the effect.
4. After reading the chapter in the book, “Something and Nothing”, I decided I want to follow this type of photography in my final project.  I find this type of photography very intriguing and want to go further in depth with it by applying the tilt shift effect.
5. I feel this project will help me extend my ability to find a good shot in random places since I’ll be taking pictures of all sorts of things in a rang of places.  It will also give me more practice in Photoshop applying effects as I work to get a good tilt shift look to my images.


Update:
So after going around to take photos for my first contact sheet I thought of the idea to make panoramas of ordinary things.  This is a possibility and we can discuss which would be stronger.  I made a few examples too.

No comments:

Post a Comment